Saturday, September 26, 2009

Manhappy

Bri, the hounds, and myself ventured to Manhappy for a long weekend. We had such a great time. Jessa, Grammy, and Gramps were all in town...it was like a mini family reunion. I was so happy to have everyone I loved in the same town. Grammy and Gramps hadn't been back to Manhattan since my wedding, and even then I didn't get to spend much time with them. So, I was pleased to spend all weekend with them.


Jessa and Scott brought their dog, Chip (aka Mr. Black Velvet) over to ride on four-wheelers and wear out all the hounds. It was a rockin' good time......


but, our fun was cut short because the green four-wheeler flooded, then I had to tow them back. Even then, we still were having a blast and loving every minute of it!


Saturday, we headed over to the stadium to tailgate with friends and family. Apparently our dog, Harvey wanted to join in on the fun and thought he would make a great driver...unfortunately, we had to leave all hounds at the Abbott Casa.

However, one item that did make it was The White Trash Margarita Maker (made by my genius father in law). This was the margarita maker's first appearance at a Wildcat tailgate and it was a hit! Let me just tell ya...it can make one hell of a margarita. So tasty!


Overall, the long weekend was great! Lots of family time, laughs, food, and fun! We love spending time with family and friends and even though we are Jayhawks, we still had a great time tailgating at the Wildcat Stadium!

1 comments:

mama said...

Fun time - great "ugly dip" Come back and play anytime.