Saturday, May 8, 2010

Mother's Day

For some reason this Mother's Day is different for me this year, probably because I'm getting closer to experience motherhood for myself. It's not just about getting a card and gift for my mom, I'm seriously starting to think how in the heck my mom did such an amazing job in raising 2 daughters. As my belly gets bigger and August gets closer, I hope that I'm as successful in raising our baby boy and creating that same special bond that my mom has with me. How did my mom teach us be to so honest and stay away from all the harmful things in life?!? You hear about all the horrible incidents on the news with children and teenagers making bad decisions and I just thank my lucky stars that my mom taught me right from wrong.

As I was growing up and hanging with my friends, everyone always wanted to stay at my house because my mom was so "cool" (as they put it). What they didn't know was that my mom taught me to be honest and open with her about everything at a very early stage in my life. She trusted me. Which was something most of my friends did not share with their mom's. I love my mom so much and I'm forever grateful to her for raising such wonderful, honest, outgoing, hard working, trustworthy daughters. I'm so glad that my mom will only be 90 miles or a phone call away to ask for help and get advice day or night. I'm excited to experience motherhood for myself and raise our little one with the lessons my mom taught me.

Thanks Mom, you're the greatest! Jess and I love you!






<-------Then













Now ------>
(Preggo sisters: Due 8 weeks apart. Pic taken 3 months ago)

2 comments:

mama said...

There's no better "job" in the world. You'll be fantastic at it.
Grandma V.V.

The Unprocessed Project said...

Beautiful post! And I second what VV said. Your little boy is sooo lucky to have you for his mama!